Ford Fiesta as a rental car – the supermini class leader
In 2013, Ford introduced the gently redesigned version of one of its most important models: the Ford Fiesta.
The previous 2008-2012 year of production Fiesta had already proved itself as one of the most reliable and fun to drive vehicles in the important small car economy segment above the city-car class.
Ford’s new Fiesta model introduced in late 2012 was even better and featured a more upmarket front design with the new corporate Ford fascia not so unlike that of the iconic Aston Martin cars.
The Ford Fiesta turns from pretty good into really good from model year 2013 – excellent rental car potential
British car buyers have noticed the charming Ford supermini. Since its arrival in its newest incarnation, the Ford Fiesta has secured first place in the Top-10 car new sales statistics in the UK two years in a row in 2014 and 2015.
Why is the Ford Fiesta so good?
Often referred to in car rental terms as the economy class, the Ford Fiesta is up against a barrage of very tough competition.
Among the best in class are Vauxhall Corsa (that is Opel Corsa in Continental Europe), VW Polo, Kia Rio with 7 years factory warranty included, Renault Clio, Peugeot 208, Hyundai i20, Seat Ibiza and Skoda Fabia.
Competition in this class is fierce and the manufacturers are doing everything they can in terms of price, equipment, warranty and finance deals to get your custom.
The Fiesta wins with the following characteristics:
- It is well priced – not cheap, but definitely not expensive either.
- Ford Fiesta is a handsome car – without bordering on being ‘girly’.
- This supermini is a hoot to drive – and still safe in the corners.
- You get a decent amount of space inside and a fairly large boot too.
- The Ford Fiesta is a well proven recipe with no expensive repairs threatening.
- Engines, in general, are great with some real gems amongst them – the new Ecoboost 3-cylinder engines are super economical.
- You actually get a lot of kit included even in the basic models.
Once you get to know it, this small Ford turns out to be super practical and enjoyable.