Avis mobile app is revolutionizing car rental experience
One of the leaders of the global car rental industry, Avis, has introduced a new, innovative technology feature.
In the era when for most people life without a smartphone, be it the private or the professional life, is simply inconceivable, Avis is getting ahead of the competitions through the Avis Now mobile app.
Introducing Avis Now:
According to Scott Deaver, the executive vice president and chief marketing officer of Avis Budget Group, the application has been developed in response to the most common suggestions from the customers and aims to provide a smooth rental experience without the need of queuing at the counters.
The application, available for the customers of Avis Preferred loyalty programme allows, amongst others to:
- see the real-time fleet availability. At any time before the pick-up the customer can exchange the car assigned to his rental or to up-grade it, through a simple swipe and tap on the screen of the mobile phone. Waiting at desk is no longer necessary.
- manage the car rental contract; consult ‘Terms & conditions’, confirm fuel and mileage policies, extend or cancel the rental.
- locate your rental vehicle in the parking lot easily; the app will lock and unlock the doors and flash the lights to help you find your car quicker. This feature is particularly useful for travellers on a tight schedule who, sometimes, struggle to get to their cars in the vast parking areas of the airport rental car centres.
- return the car without staff assistance.
- receive updates regarding the trip, for example the real-time flight information for passengers who rent cars at the airports.
- get in touch with staff in case of any doubts or difficulties.
In the initial phase, Avis Now app is available only in the United States. It is planned however, that in the nearest future the application is introduced in selected European markets.
The application is compatible with Adroid and iOS platforms.