Lisbon Airport parking - low-cost to premium car parks
Lisbon Airport, also referred to as Lisbon-Portela Airport - LIS is the major airport of Portugal. It is located approx. 5 miles north of Downtown Lisbon.
The airport consists of two terminals: the main T1 terminal, containing both arrival and departures halls, and the much smaller T2 terminal, dedicated mainly to domestic and low-cost operations. T2 serves solely departures – independently from your airport of origin or the airline you are using, in Lisbon Airport you will always disembark in Terminal 1.
The main airline operating at Lisbon Airport is naturally the Portuguese flag carrier TAP; most major European airlines, regular and low-cost are represented in Portela too. The network of routes available includes most European capitals, as well as destinations in North and South Americas and in the Middle East.
Parking options at Lisbon Airport
A number of parking options, varying in commodity and price, are available at Lisbon Airport. Travellers may choose between several short and long-term car parks, according to their needs. Below are some tips for how to find the best Lisbon Airport parking solutions:
Find out in advance what are the parking areas at and around Lisbon Airport are, having in mind the distance to the terminal
If choosing a parking located far from the airport, check the operating hours and frequency of the shuttle busses which connect the parking and the terminal
For long-term parking, get best rates book Lisbon Airport parking in advance. Parking rates available online are often very competitive, starting from EUR5 a day
ANA car parks Lisbon Airport – from low-cost to premium
The official Lisbon Airport parkings are managed by the airport’s authority, ANA - Aeroportos de Portugal. Apart from the quality and safety of the services offered, they provide versatile rates. The airport’s official parkings are available in the following range:
- Premium– P1 covered car park area, located just next to the terminal. Direct access to the Departures hall – only 2 minutes walk – makes it the most convenient parking solutions at Lisbon Airport
- Executive– P2 covered parking area, adjacent to the Arrivals hall
- Classic– P6 semi-covered car park, located in a 4 minutes walk distance from the Arrivals hall.
- Low-costPlus – P3 open-air parking, 5 minutes walk from the terminal; 10 minutes by the airport shuttle. Available only through online bookings.
- Low-cost– P5 open air parking, 8 minutes walk away from the terminal, or 10 minutes by the airport shuttle. The cheapest of all the official Lisbon Airport parkings.
All parking areas at Lisbon Airport are accessible 24 hours a day. Please note that the low-cost parkings are not manned during the night; the access/exit is possible via automatic gates, based on the scanning of the bar code on the booking voucher.
In order to accommodate the needs of different customers, Lisbon Airport offers also two dedicated services:
- Microparking – available for small vehicles (less than 3 meters of length). This modality is available in Premium and Executive parking zones. Cannot be booked online.
- EcoParking – parking for hybrid and electric vehicles at competitive rates.
Valet Express at Lisbon Airport
For a worry free parking experience, Lisbon Airport made available a valet service. Hand in your car to Valet Express staff upon your arrival to the airport and pick it up from the designated area in the P1 car park on arrival. Valet Express can booked online, together with parking.
This service is available free of charge for TAP passengers in the executive class, as well as for the holders of VICTORIA GOLD, TAP Corporate or TAP Platinum American Express cards.
How much does it cost to park at Lisbon Airport?
In 2015, the rates for short-term parking at Lisbon Airport (available at car parks P1, P2 and P6) varied between €0.75 and €0.80 for the each 15 minutes (unit).
The daily rates for long term parking ranged from €5 at the low-cost parkings to €17 at the Executive Park and the extravagant €43,15 in the Premium Parking area.
Please note that online booking is the best guaranty of competitive rates and availability of Lisbon Airport. The bookings can be carried through ANA’s official website – Lisbon Airport parking online booking.
Please note that there are also other alternatives to ANA parking (official parking) at Lisbon Airport. Independent operators provide parking / valet parking and shuttle transport services in the area around Portela Airport. Easy Parking Lisbon Airport by Park Via is an example.